Wednesday, October 26, 2011

enveloppe de cadeau française

The French seem to have perfected the art of gift wrap. They make the simplest gift stand out with pretty packaging. An inexpensive gift transforms into a beautiful work of art when wrapped in pretty papers and ribbons.

My French ancestors must have shared gift wrap idees from time to time.

So funny too, When I had the boutique downtown the French tradition of wrapping customer's items in pretty packages seemed to come effortlessly. I insisted each and every item purchased as a gift  be wrapped special regardless of how much the item cost.
I encountered a number of content happy faces during those shop days. I would always ask, may I wrap this pretty for you? A smile would appear on my face as well as the happy patron.

With the holidays fast approaching I'm pondering different packaging idees. Thoughts of silk ribbon and brown paper wrappings with sugar plum trimmings dance in my head.
Ayez un beau jour
Jill

2 comments:

  1. ooooooh yes! i love a simple kraft paper for wrap tied up with a pale pink linen strip.

    makes me people feel extra special.

    michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am using Kraft wrap this year for my Chrismas gifts! I love your pink poof on top!

    Blessings

    Linda

    ReplyDelete